Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thoughts on Big Ten Championship Game: Wisconsin Cheated!

I shouldn't write with a broken heart.  I should spend the night screaming into my pillow before I write another word.  But ahh...I can't stop myself.

There are so many things wrong with what happened today.  Yes, several Spartans made key mistakes -- none more key than running into the kicker -- but I can't fault the players and coaches.  What they did today (mistakes and all) was good enough to win the Big Ten.  So why aren't our guys running around with roses in their mouths?  One simple fact, folks: Russell Wilson.

The bottom line is that Wisconsin could not have done what it did today if they had been forced to rely on the talent that was "legitimately" recruited, not this free-agency bull crap that is developing in college football.  Last year was Wisconsin's year.  They had their senior quarterback, they made their run...and they squandered their Rose Bowl opportunity.  This year, they were supposed to struggle to break in a new quarterback, they were supposed to take a step back--just like everybody else has to, just like MSU will have to next year.

The Spartans were the ones with a senior quarterback and stout defense.  This was our year.  Our guys were flying all over the field and playing their hearts out, but it wasn't quite enough to overcome this corrupt system.  Wilson was too much of a ringer.

Oh well, too late now, I guess, and nobody is going to do anything about it anyway.  Nobody is even going to act like there's anything wrong with what just happened.  Ahhhh!  I'd better go to bed before I really get myself in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment