Friday, September 14, 2012

Tony Lippett on Tyler Eifert?

It ain't gonna happen, but I sure do wish Lippett was still a cornerback -- just for this game.  Lippett is 6' 3" and thus would probably have been the MSU defensive back best suited for covering Notre Dame's elite tight end Tyler Eifert, who is 6' 6". Don't get me wrong, I think Lippett would still have needed help, but I think he could have given Eifert a battle.  Oh well, just a thought I wanted to share. Otherwise, I expect the Spartans to use a combination of cornerbacks, safeties, and linebackers to try to stop Eifert. I would almost always put 2 guys on him, especially since Everett Golson seems to want to throw to him every time. I say, let Adams and Dennard take out ND's other receivers and put 2 other guys on Eifert.  Anyway, I'm sure Nardawg and Dantonio have come up with a much better plan.  Can't wait for the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment