Friday, June 21, 2013

Recruiting 2014: David Beedle

Oh lordy, the floodgates are open now! The Spartans picked up their third commitment this week in the form of Michigan defensive tackle David Beedle.  While there is very little information on Beedle from the recruiting sites, I'm quite excited about this under-the-radar prospect.  He has great size (6'5" and 285 lbs.) and his video looks impressive.


Beedle reminds me a little of 2013 recruit James Bodanis, however, I think Beedle actually moves better.  Beedle is quite fast and he appears to combine that speed with a lot of power.  To me he looks like a solid recruit.  He may ultimately not get rated as a 4-star recruit by the various recruiting sites, but Beedle is one of the guys that intrigues me most in the 2014 class.

I think Beedle should eventually be able to win playing time at defensive tackle, but he also looks like he could easily make the transition to the o-line, if MSU is able to bring in one of the other highly-rated defensive tackles they are after.  That's right, I think the coaches are still going to keep going after guys like Craig Evans and Derrick Nnadi, even though they already have commitments from Beedle and Enoch Smith Jr, and even though they picked up 3 DTs in the 2013 class.  This is why I'm thinking that Beedle may ultimately end up on the o-line, unless he turns out to be so dominant at DT that Narduzzi refuses to let him go.

No comments:

Post a Comment