Saturday, August 20, 2011

Players to watch this fall: Dion Sims

MSU Spring Football
Another player I will be watching this season is tight end Dion Sims.  Sims was a highly regarded recruit in 2009, but he ran into some serious legal problems last year.  He has been reinstated and I hope that he can stay out of trouble the rest of his time in East Lansing, and for the rest of his life.  The bottom line is that Sims has the potential to be a first round draft pick, if he can stay out of trouble and if he develops the work ethic.  I say that about a lot of Spartans but with Sims I really mean it.  He's huge (6'5", 275 lbs), very athletic, and he has good hands.  I wish I could share the video I recently saw of Sims scoring a touchdown, but I just can't find it.  To me, he looked extremely impressive.  Anyway, keep an eye out for Sims and read more about him here.

No comments:

Post a Comment