Thursday, August 18, 2011

Players to watch this fall: Tony Lippett

I'm hoping to spend the next few days highlighting as many of MSU's key players as I can.  I will try to provide brief notes on each player, along with some links to more extensive reviews of each player.  With that, I start with Tony Lippett.

I start with Lippett because he was just highlighted in a Detroit News article, which you can read if you want more details on Lippett.  Lippett is a redshirt freshman cornerback, who received a lot of attention during spring training.  He's considered to be very athletic and big for a corner (6'2").  In fact, he's so athletic that the coaching staff wants to find ways to get him involved on offense.  Could he become MSU's Charles Woodson?  That would be nice, but only time will tell.  In any case, remember his name this fall as you enjoy the games, but do remember that he is a red-shirt freshmen.  Personally, I'll be watching more for potential (at least a few great plays and at least the ability to manhandle the Big Ten's lesser receivers) than for stardom at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment