Wednesday, August 31, 2011

SI Likes Cousins in Early 2012 Draft Projections

Sports Illustrated takes a way early look at 2012 NFL prospects and has some nice words to say about Kirk Cousins:

"The top senior quarterback on our board is one of the most physically gifted signal callers from his class. He drives the deep pass and gets the ball through the tight spots. His defensive reads and propensity to stare down targets are a concern, yet Cousins offers a large degree of upside potential."

Let me repeat that: "the top senior quarterback." That's pretty high praise. On the other hand, they seem to suggest that two junior quarterbacks will be taken before Cousins: Andrew Luck (Stanford) and Matt Barkley (USC).  
       I'll come out and just say it.  If Cousins has a big year (and I think he will), he could go in the first round.  And then--I'll come out and just say it again--if Jerel Worthy and Edwin Baker come out early (not that I'd want them to), we could see three Spartans going in the first round.  That would be the best draft performance ever in MSU history.  It's far too early to get really excited, so I'll just tone it down to excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment