Friday, September 2, 2011

Some Key Things to Look for in Tonight's Game

As Quetzal reported earlier, MSU should handily win their game today against YSU--if they don't...oh lordy, let's not consider that possibility.  In fact, the Spartans should have the game put away by halftime, and thus this should be one of the less exciting games of the season.  Still, there are some key things we should look for that may help us understand how the rest of the season will go.  Here's a list of things I'll be watching for:

- Of course, I want to see that the offensive line will be good.  They should be opening up big running lanes and giving Cousins lots of time to pass.  They should also limit mistakes--few penalties.
- The linebackers need to look like they are not much of drop-off from last year's brilliant starters.  I want to see them flying to the ball and making few mistakes.
- I would like to see Cousins and Baker look brilliant.  I would like them to put up Heisman-like numbers.
- If this is a blowout, then back-up quarterback, Maxwell, should get some playing time.  I want to see him do really well.  If Cousins gets injured, I want to know that Maxwell won't be a liability.  Plus, I want to know that the Spartans will be in good hands next year.
- I want to see that Jerel Worthy will be a top 10 draft pick.  He really needs to dominate in this game.
- There are many more things to hope for in this game, but the last thing I really really hope to see is William Gholston dominating.  I want to know that he actually will be pressuring quarterbacks all season long.



No comments:

Post a Comment