Wednesday, January 18, 2012

OSU's Recruiting

Just a quick note here about a topic that burns me up.  How in the world is it possible that Ohio State has recruited 22 players (and they could end up with 25 or more) when they're supposed to be surrendering 9 scholarships over the next 3 years?  They'd better have a really small class next year or I will declare this whole NCAA sanctions thing a travesty -- not that my voice matters one bit, and of course it's a travesty (long before I declare it to be so).

Anyway, OSU's recruiting success is affecting MSU pretty directly, and badly.  They flipped Se'Von Pittman, they just got David Perkins, they may also end up with Bam Bradly, and possibly even Monty Madaris (if they make him a last minute offer).  There are probably several others I'm too lazy to look up or even think of at the moment.

Oh well, as I've said many times before, MSU makes up for the lack of 4-star recruits by doing an excellent job of developing talent.  Still, it would be nice to get a few more guys like Will Golston.

No comments:

Post a Comment